Collaborate with Orange County school districts to:
- Create a strategic plan for inquiry-based science education based on the nationally recognized strategic planning model from the Smithsonian Institution’s National Science Resources Center, the National Academy of Science and the National Research Council.
- Ensure that teachers have the skills, curriculum and materials to teach inquiry-based science.
- Assist the school district with the implementation of the strategic plan, monitor plan progress, and evaluate outcomes.
- Work with district leadership to maintain a commitment to sustain inquiry-based science.
- Engage parents and community members to support science education.
Sponsor countywide projects that expand STEM teaching and learning opportunities.
Engage local, state and national organizations and networks to strengthen science education in Orange County.